Citizens Advisory Committee
Cedar River Watershed District has a Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) comprised of up to 20 people, including five members of the general public, each serving one-year terms appointed by the CRWD Board of Managers. The other 15 seats on the CAC are intended for representatives of the four counties with land in the CRWD's boundaries and organizations that perform work in the watershed related to the natural resources and environment.
In 2018, CRWD launched a newly revamped version of the CAC to enlarge the committee and add responsibilities, which include continuing the projects and focus areas of the Austin Vision 2020 Waterways group. CAC members also will provide input on CRWD projects as well as assist the district with its work in the watershed.
CRWD expects at least six CAC meetings per year, with a chair and recorder chosen by CAC members at their first meeting.
The State of Minnesota requires a Citizens Advisory Committee for each watershed district. The CAC will provide input on CRWD projects as well as assist the district with its work in the watershed.
CRWD Citizens Advisory Committee members in 2018-2019
Staff coordinator Tim Ruzek (CRWD water plan and outreach coordinator)
* Bruce Nelsen, chair (Mower County Soybean/Corn Growers)
* Erin Johnson, recorder (public)
* Dan Vermilyea (public)
* Taggert Medgaarden (public)
* Lisa Morehouse (public)
* Matt Freechack (public)
* Nick Schlitz (Riverland Ag Center)
* Mitch Wenum (City of Austin Public Works)
* Paul Jenkins (Mower County Pheasants Forever)
* Ken Trom (Austin chapter Izaak Walton League)
* Kim Underwood (Austin Parks & Recreation)
* Luke Reese (Friends of the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center)
* Coulter Wood (Hormel Foods Corp.)
* Steve Kime (Vision 2020)
* Clint Hertle (Mower County citizen)
* Lindsey Zeitler (Freeborn County citizen)
* Jack Heather (Steele County citizen)
* vacant (Dodge County citizen)
* vacant (youth representative)
* vacant (local service group)